And here I thought that just because wordpress.com has an “export” button, that the whole importing thing would work out to be easier…
Nope not a chance. Some of you may have noticed my brief post about me moving to a new host…away from wordpress.com.
Here are some thoughts:
- Less fun then it may appear
- WordPress.com has some nice features implemented.
- Now that I’ve made my site popular…I’m going to lose all my visitors?
- Argh, why won’t you just import!
- I payed how much for this headache?
- I don’t even like blogging THAT much.
No but seriously, think twice before actually moving. I was never actually going to move, until a “brilliant” plan snuck up on me. Of course it’s a secret plan so … I can’t share it with you, but rest assured, that if it makes me rich, I’ll fill you in!
If anybody has any suggestion as to how to import a wordpress.com export into a fresh wordpress install, please fill me in. This RSS 2.0 crap is driving me bananas. I have a feeling I’m going to have to fill the database … by hand … hopefully with someone else’s hands! 😛