I was browsing around, getting aquainted with the new features and bumped into a site which has some shortcuts for the neat features of Vista.
- Win + Space – this shows the
- Win + D – to show the desktop
- Win + Tab – Switch between windows using Vista’s 3D interface
- Ctrl + Win + Tab – Flip 3D but one that stays on the desktop, you can then scroll with up, down, left and right keys
- Win + E – to open an explorer window
- Win + R – to open the run dialogue box
- Win + T – this tabs between running applications onto the taskbar
- Win + Q – this appears to launch Office communicator
- Win + G – pushes focus to the the sidebar the focus and when you press this key combination again it tabs between the gadgets on the sidebar
- Win + M – Minimizes all windows and just shows the desktop
- Shift + Win + M – Undoes minimize windows
- Win + Number – Press the Win key and then choose a number of the applications that are in the quick launch task bar. An example the third icon on the taskbar (starting from left) is IE so to run IE press Win-3 and it will launch IE.
You might also be interested in this list of features and tweaks of Vista.